Cancer Nombre de messages : 3624

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Ven 7 Juil 2017 - 11:01

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
corin
Citizen Kane

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Ven 14 Juil 2017 - 21:05

Bourdais helping Coyne drivers at Toronto, eyes return

Sebastien Bourdais is trading in his helmet this weekend for the IndyCar race in Toronto. And he is looking ahead to a possible return near the end of the season.
The Frenchman is returning to the race track in a mentorship role for Dale Coyne Racing just two months after a crash during qualifying for the Indy 500. The two-time Toronto winner will help out team rookies Ed Jones and Esteban Gutierrez. Bourdais finished seventh in Toronto last year.
Bourdais fractured his pelvis , a hip and two ribs when his car exploded into pieces and spun through Turn 2 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway after hitting the wall at 227 mph.
“If I see something, then I’ll try and help, and if I don’t, then I’ll just shut up and see what happens,” Bourdais said Thursday.
“I’ve been around this place a lot, but there’s only so much you can do from the outside so we’ll see how I can help them. It was important for me and the team to show up for the first time since the accident and just get to see everybody and try and contribute to the effort.”
Bourdais, 38, was walking without crutches and says his progress is ahead of schedule. He is not ruling out a return this season.
“Unless I get in the car in testing and call it quits because I’m not ready, the plan is to do Watkins and Sonoma,” Bourdais said of the final two races of the season. “That’s been my goal since really looking at the time frame and where we were going to be at the six weeks weight bearing, the eight weeks walking.”
Seeing the four-time IndyCar Series champion back around the track was a welcome sight. Will Power stopped to chat with Bourdais after the news conference.
“It’s great to see him back, can’t wait to see him in a car,” he said.
Bourdais, who started the season with a win at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, said that he has been starting to exercise again, which includes some cycling.
“It’s kind of a weird feeling because there’s some groups that are fairly equal side to side and one little thing that you feel very vulnerable,” Bourdais said. “But it’s all coming back nice and slow, but it’s going to be a bit of a process for sure.”
Being in a coaching position is nothing new for Bourdais, but it’s never come at the expense of him being sidelined. He said he’s fine with the mentorship role even though it’s tough not to be in the car.
“I’ve tried to be a good patient, not trying to rush things and do anything stupid,” he said. “But obviously now that I’m feeling not 100 percent but not far from it either, it’s definitely kind of itching to get back into the car.”
Dee Michael
Eternel enfant
Eternel enfant

Masculin
Bélier Nombre de messages : 17646

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Ven 14 Juil 2017 - 23:00

Il semblerait que Bourdais, tout comme Dixon d'ailleurs, néglige le gros avertissement que lui a donné le destin...Ils ne devraient pas continuer à rouler après un crash pareil surtout qu'ils ont une famille.
Mais bon, les pilotes sont de grands égoïstes...
Good luck.

~~~~^_^~~~~

______________________Jouer pour rester jeune, rester jeune pour jouer.

__________________________________Mon vélo c'est ma liberté.
https://vimeo.com/chisum/videos En ligne
corin
Citizen Kane

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Dim 16 Juil 2017 - 21:45

corin
Citizen Kane

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Lun 31 Juil 2017 - 8:18

Bourdais set for Monday test at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO)
On Sunday’s Verizon IndyCar Series broadcast of the Honda Indy 200, Dale Coyne Racing driver Sebastien Bourdais confirmed he’ll return to the cockpit for his first day in an IndyCar since his accident qualifying for the Indianapolis 500.
Bourdais will test Monday in Coyne’s No. 18 Honda, with the track available for a private test. INDYCAR will test its new 2018 Dallara universal aero kit on Tuesday for its first road course running with Juan Pablo Montoya in the Chevrolet-powered car, and Oriol Servia in the Honda.

He visited Toronto two weeks ago, as his first race back at a track since Indianapolis.
Speaking to NBCSN contributor Robin Miller, Bourdais said the timing and location of being at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course made sense for a test day as he hopes to be race ready by Watkins Glen International on Sept. 3, the second-to-last race of the season.
“I wouldn’t be here and getting back in if I wasn’t ready,” Bourdais told NBCSN. “For now it’s just testing. We’ll see how it goes.
“I know after cars get transferred to ovals and everything, the doctors were good with me getting back in on the 15th. So two weeks won’t make a difference.
“Physically I’m feeling good. We’ll give it a shot tomorrow. Then timing gets difficult. I probably wouldn’t get an opportunity test. Everyone’s here, and they just have to stay one night over, so we’ll do a few hours of testing and see how it goes.”
The test comes a day after Coyne’s team had a difficult race, Esteban Gutierrez and Ed Jones ending a season-worst 20th and 21st.
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/07/30/bourdais-set-for-monday-test-at-mid-ohio-video/
corin
Citizen Kane

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Lun 31 Juil 2017 - 23:44

BOURDAIS CONFIDENT HE’S READY TO RACE AFTER SUCCESSFUL MID-OHIO TEST

By Mark Robinson | Published: Jul 31, 2017

LEXINGTON, Ohio – For those on the outside, the 10 weeks it took Sebastien Bourdais to get back in an Indy car flew by. For the Dale Coyne Racing driver, it was an eternity.
Nevertheless, just 72 days after a frightening crash during an Indianapolis 500 qualifying attempt left the four-time Indy car champion with fractures in his hip and pelvis, Bourdais was behind the wheel today for a medical evaluation test at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
And while the 38-year-old from Le Mans, France, isn’t fully cleared by INDYCAR to return to competition just yet, all signs point to it happening soon. Bourdais turned more than 80 laps today – nearly the full race distance of Sunday’s Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio – and felt no ill effects from the May 20 accident.
“It’s just great to be back in the car, really, and to feel like nothing’s changed,” Bourdais said at the end of the day. “Two and a half months have gone by and you get back in the car, hop in the saddle and feel good. It was very positive.”
Attention was focused on how Bourdais’ hips and pelvis would take the G-force punishment of the twisting, undulating 2.258-mile permanent road course, not to mention the pressure exerted on that area of his body from the seat belt restraints. Driving under the watchful eye of Mike Yates, INDYCAR’s manager of track safety operations and Holmatro Safety Team veteran leader, Bourdais said afterward that he felt fine.
The lone area of concern for Bourdais was his neck muscles, which he wasn’t able to keep in peak race condition through workouts while he rehabilitated his lower body.
“The one thing that’s not up for the challenge yet is the neck, but that I kind of knew going in,” he said. “I was lifting weights and everything, but it’s just so tough when you’re out of the car like that. I’m sure if I was back in the car tomorrow, I’d be better, but that first day your neck goes in shock. It goes, ‘What are you doing?’”
Despite going off course once midway through the test, slightly damaging a front wing, Bourdais provided valuable feedback to engineers Craig Hampson and Olivier Boisson to help the team – with rookies Ed Jones and Esteban Gutierrez driving in his absence – keep moving forward. By mid-afternoon, Bourdais turned laps in the 1-minute, 4-second range that would have advanced him past the first round of knockout qualifying on Saturday – without benefit of the faster Firestone alternate tires.
“It was a very productive day. I guess I wish Mid-Ohio (race) was next weekend and Dale was up for it,” he said, shooting a smiling glance at team owner Dale Coyne, who watched the test, “but it’s not.”
Instead, Bourdais is headed on a two-week driving family vacation out West – “I owe that to (wife) Claire and the kids,” he said. Upon his return, he’ll visit the INDYCAR medical staff, with the intent on being cleared to race. 
Coyne said Bourdais will certainly race in the season finale, the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma on Sept. 17, but the team must see how it gets through the next two races with Jones and Gutierrez – on the ovals at Pocono Raceway and Gateway Motorsports Park – before deciding if the resources are available to run Bourdais at the INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen on Sept. 3. The team has already suffered through an expensive season of crash damage, much of it through no fault of the Dale Coyne Racing drivers.
Regardless of when his comeback becomes official, Bourdais felt he passed the test today.
“If I was not quite there yet, then I wanted to know how far (off) I was,” he said. “And if I was ready, then I knew I would be ready in a month from now. It was really important for me and Dale understood that. And thanks to him, we could do the test.”

Dernière édition par corin le Lun 31 Juil 2017 - 23:54, édité 1 fois
Dee Michael
Eternel enfant
Eternel enfant

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Lun 31 Juil 2017 - 23:52

Ca lui fait combien de fractures en tout sur toute sa carrière ?
Peut-il battre le record de René Guili qui s'est compté 77 fractures ?

http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/dossiers/pilotes/rene-guili.php

~~~~^_^~~~~

corin
Citizen Kane

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Mar 1 Aoû 2017 - 0:00

Il en a eu beaucoup moins que moi (27), moins de 10 je crois, mais super mal placées; hanche, pelvis, côtes, par contre une guérison ultra rapide, incroyable, ce type est un extra-terrestre.
Tu te rends compte qu'il a fait 80 tours aujourd'hui et qu'avec des pneus durs il aurait été admis dans le fast 12 (dans des temps de 1'04) et donc à passer en Q2 alors que les autres pilotes en Q1 étaient tous en softs pendant les qualifs.

Dernière édition par corin le Mar 1 Aoû 2017 - 0:10, édité 1 fois
Dee Michael
Eternel enfant
Eternel enfant

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Mar 1 Aoû 2017 - 0:08

Oui je suis conscient de la perf ! Quand je pense que les grand médias français l'ignore presque totalement, c'est vraiment honteux.

~~~~^_^~~~~

corin
Citizen Kane

MessageSujet: Re: Bourdais 2017   Mer 2 Aoû 2017 - 0:40

Rappel de la Pole de Power en 1.04.17 en pneus Option/Red, Seb a réussi un temps de 1.04.8 en Prime/Black

Bourdais 2017
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 6 sur 7Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant